View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #14
Jesse Joe

LOL!! How's the whether in Toronto Charlene? Down here, it's amazing how quickly it turns around. Last week we could have, gone walking, bike rides, all night. At midnight it was still hot enough, for T-Shirt. And now at nights, it's already cooled up, considerably. Feels a little bit like fall.

August 10, down here, the lobster fisherman, go at it, with there traps, till October 10. And every year it never misses, evenings, feels like autumn.

Mind you, that there are some great fall days coming up in late September, till late October. Beautiful scenery, as the leaves start to change colours. It's my favourite season.

I remember in 1987, we would head up to Halifax, NS. It was Oct,24th. And the long stretch of woods, each side of the TCH, beautiful colours a real spectacle. And what made that trip more enjoyable, Gordon Lightfoot in concert, at The Rebecca Cohn Auditorium.

My first Lightfoot concert experience, I will never forget that. It was around the "East Of Midnight" time. He sang many songs from his then latest LP. I remember "Morning Glory", when he sang, "Alimony, Palimony puts a dent in me." He made a face, that got good laughter from the crowd.

He did 3 shows, Oct 23, 24, and 25. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It was all pretty much sold out. The Acoustic at The Cohn in Halifax, is incredible.

Anyway Sorry for yaping on, but when I get started on Gordy, it's hard to stop me. At least thats what they tell me down here. "They just dont understand," LOL.

Later Char, ... JJ.

[ August 12, 2006, 02:21: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote