View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 04:53 PM   #16
Iron

12,or is it now 6-string Mike?
Congrats on the new axe.Did You hang on to the 12?? Being a Gord Connisiure{probably spelt wrong}I don't know how You could do without one.Anyway,You were were correct about the Alv. that I had,it was as You mentioned,the maple version. I'm sure You are happy with the the Martin.Can't go wrong there.I have 2 and have no regrets,still some "pains",but no regrets.Just a little side note,You don't have to have a D-18GL to get the sound,I use a D-18V{which I think is what Gordon is playing now}and it is very close to the GL model.
I mentioned to Florian a while back that I thought a seperate forum for the guitar enthusiast's among us might be an idea for this site.I think there are many of us here and I don't like to "ramble on" about guitar stuff,as I know everyone on this site are not into the acoustic side of Gordon's work's as we picker's are...I think we could do a lot with such a seperate avenue and not bore the non-pickers among us to death.The possibalities are endless for such a diversion on this site. Gordon has a lot of what I refer to as "Gord Chord's" that are specific to many Gord song's.I mentioned this to Wayne Francis quite a while ago and He replied that He thought about adding this "supplement" to his site,but,...I ain't seen nothing yet..
I do realize that Florian and Wayne Francis are busy people and it takes a lot to keep these site's going....
I for one would be more than willing to make a contribution to help out with the upkeep/and or whatever it takes to keep these great sites alive.I have so much enjoyed and appreciated what these people have done for so many years..... Just a thought.....