View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 01:04 PM   #10
Doug

Send a message via AIM to Doug

I'm also still disappointed and frustrated beyond words!
I drove all the way from the Twin Cities to see Gordon the first time live. I planned everything to the last detail ( let the grandparents fly in from Germany to make the Babysitter, etc. ) and made sure, the car was checked before we headed to PA. The only thing what still could happen was indeed rain - and it happened. I can NOT believe it.

There was no rain for weeks or even months. Perfect weather before the concert and perfect weather after it, it really is like a bad dream.

I saw the band, when they checked in at the hotel and knew they would have a sound check that afternoon. So I sneeked around the Amphitheater early and actually could follow the Soundcheck. I moved closer every five Minutes and nobody said a thing, just when they were about to finish anyway, somebody chased me away. But at least: I saw Gordon!!! It was an awfully hot day and he actually wore short pants - looked kind of funny but of course, he didn't expect any lurkers...)

I think, what happened that night was an equipment failure due to the Thunderstorm. It rained really heavy and just before it started the covered everthing with Tarp real quick. But my guess is, the wind blew some of it away and everything suffered.
Oh hell, what a bummer, I still haven't recovered yet!
Terry helped after the storm to put the equipment away and was disappointed himself. I was hoping to see the band hanging out at the hotel bar later that night but couldn't spot anybody.

Oh well, one day in my life I WILL see Gordon, damn it.... ( sorry )

I couldn't even spot Brian or Bev - we had to take shelter so quickly. But I hope, everybody got home safely.
We drove 15 hrs. in a row yesterday and were back in the Twin Cities around 1:30 am.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote