View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #15
TomCat Productions

Default Re: This is my first post to Corfid

Podunklander,

When you use the word "Tom" here it can be very confusing for our team because we have two Tom's... me being one of them. I'm not Captain Tom (TJ) who started the channel. I am Tom (oTJ). Right now I'll speak on behalf of myself which may or may not represent the Lightfoot Tribute Team's official position.

I joined at the end of July 2008 and have produced 44 of these vistories... 43 which are publicly available on the channel and 1 (last one done -- Can't Depend on Love) which was rejected on the upload to YouTube, another victim of this YouTube/Warner battle. On average, I produce one of these a week. Again, on average, it takes me about 20 hours per vistory. I'm not a LightHead or a member of Gord's Horde although I can honestly say that I've very much enjoyed doing this work in the last six months. It has been a very educational experience for me also... I could go on and on about this but I'll spare you the agony... I imagine you and everyone else have probably heard my story from others many times before. I've also met and worked with some very fine teammates. It is amazing how well we all work together.

When you mention something like "do the work through a charity", I get a little turned off. Up here in Canada, charities are heavily government-regulated, meaning lots of paperwork just to keep your charitable status. Personally, I'm quite knowledgeable about all the issues facing charities. To me that's taking it a bit too far... at least as far as the effort I'm willing to put in/contribute to the team is concerned. It just adds one more layer of complexity or hassle in my opinion which I don't need.

Although I'm not at all happy with the turn of events during the last 10 days, in the end, it's people like you Corfidians and the general public that are the real losers. Our team still retains all of our 159 vistories that we have produced to-date. And the quality of our raw source files far exceeds that of which you see on YouTube -- a lot higher resolution, screen size and detail.

And there is nothing stopping us from continuing to complete the Gordon Lightfoot opus. We just might not be able to share it with the general public which would be unfortunate, but maybe that's the way the cookie crumbles?

We do appreciate your ideas and new ideas are always welcome on our team! Thank you.
TomCat Productions is offline   Reply With Quote