Thread: Corfid
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 06:21 PM   #48
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Bro10:
Quoting BILLW.... "Well Gitchigumee it just goes to show that the ONE thing we ALL have in common here is a love of all things LIGHTFOOT. Once we stray from that common ground our interests are quite varied and rarely overlap."

I beg to differ on the "interests ....rarely overlap", BILLW. For example there is a thread a mile long on aviation. then check the later portion of this tread! Who would have ever thought there would be such keen interest in the historical significance (sp) of Fairfax Co. VA etc, etc....
This is not even to mention that the average Corfidian possesses no ability to stay on topic!!! How on earth do you start with a discussion on the origins of the name "corfid" and end up in Fairfax Co VA??? with much more info about our first president, George Washington, that I didn't know before!
OK fair cop Peter
I'll 'fess up:-

But I swear I had no idea the course that this rambling discussion would take.
Basically there are a many things I really enjoy doing on my computer
and without trying to be pretentious I know I do several very well including:-
displaying pictures here
researching ideas that come into my head using google web and image search
in particular describing and wherever possible illustrating the beauties of my home town/county and country.
trying to think up things that I think might interest and/or amuse people here
(especially when presented with a "blank palette" as it were in this small talk forum topic)
I was as surprised as anybody when my casual reference to General Fairfax in connection with the history of my hometown sparked responses from ELizabeth and Sheila.
And even more surprised to find George Washington being mentioned
Just as I was surprised to be accused of being "harsh".
I was not of course surprised when the Australian village idiot produced his customary stream of vitriol directed at me.

I do however remain surprised that so far not one person has commented on Bob Newhart's oustandingly funny routine, possibly because too many here are guiltily puffing away at Rawleigh's "cancer sticks"

a nasty habit that my 2000 stroke fortunately enabled me to give up.
Yes it will be 7 years on the 19th of January (I went into hospital on January 19th 2000) since I last inhaled the deadly nicotine

[ January 13, 2007, 17:26: Message edited by: johnfowles ]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote