View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 11:18 AM   #2
Auburn Annie

This just in 16 minutes ago via the Associated Press as reported in the Miami Herald:

Posted on Fri, Apr. 16, 2004

Lightfoot Looks Forward to Touring Again

Associated Press

NEW YORK - Canadian singer-songwriter Gordon Lightfoot says that he hopes to be able to tour again by July.

Lightfoot had a blood vessel burst in his abdomen in September 2002 and he's been in and out of the hospital since then. He's currently recovering from muscle grafts in his abdomen from his legs.

Lightfoot, known for such songs as "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald," "Sundown" and "If You Could Read My Mind," has been through two rounds of surgery and has another scheduled for the spring. He is a five-time Grammy nominee whose songs have been covered by Elvis Presley and Bob Dylan. He was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 1986.

"I think the diaphragm and all is in order," he said in an interview with AP Radio. "Part of the game is to be able to continue, you see. It's a challenge."

The challenge, he said, has helped center him and move forward as a musician.

"Getting one's life organized is a good idea," he said. "I'm happy to be given a little extra time."

Lightfoot is putting out a new album that he put together while he was still in the hospital. It's called "Harmony" and it comes out May 11.

well, I'm a grinnin' - how about you?
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote