View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 12:29 PM   #1
Dave, Melbourne,Australia

Default Bob Seger tribute band Night Movers (in Melbourne)

I understand there are several Bob Seger fans on this forum. This week I attended a gig by Night Movers, the first Seger tribute band I have heard of in Australia. It is a 7-piece band, comprising singer, 2 rhythm guitars, lead guitar, keyboard, bass and drummer. The venue was packed and I was amazed how many audience members were singing along.

The songs were as follows (in order):
Still The Same
Till It Shines
Against The Wind
Fire Lake
Mainstreet (my favourite Seger song and it’s on my funeral album)
Like A Rock (including slide guitar as well as lead guitar)
We’ve Got Tonight
Shame On The Moon (which apparently reached No 2 on the charts behind Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean”)
Turn The Page (including harmonica)
Roll Me Away
Night Moves
Hollywood Nights
Encore: Against The Wind (again)

I was surprised they didn’t perform “Old Time Rock & Roll”. Apparently they rehearsed it and found it didn’t quite work for them.

It was one of the best small-venue gigs I’ve attended and very nostalgic. It almost made me regret declining an offer to visit a friend in the US and attend a Bob Seger concert together (after I visited the US to attend my one Gordon Lightfoot concert in 2008). Seger is currently doing his farewell tour aged 74, so I guess that opportunity’s gone.

Next week I'm attending a gig by 6-piece Linda Ronstadt tribute band, Simple Dreams, which is also based in Melbourne.
Dave, Melbourne,Australia is offline   Reply With Quote