View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 11:27 PM   #5
JohnBellardJr

quote:Originally posted by Borderstone:
Hi Aime! You know,I'd imagine before any Gordon sites came up,only fans that attended concerts and maybe close friends & family that shared the same intrest talked about him.

Other than that,the only place I heard Gordon talked about were oldies & light rock stations. Oldies,just playing 4 out of 6 of his "hits" and "light" stations playing 5 out of 6 + "Beautiful",which didn't make the top 40.

I don't think it would be possible for anyone on here to have talked before 1999 though. I think it's also safe to say without internet knowledge,"Harmony" would have sold even less than it did.

"Waiting For You" and "Painter" could have both benefited from us "Lightheads" spreading the word!

Been me,and good question Aime_41!

Hi! And thanks for your feedback! Yes, I know we didn't know many other fans back then. I did write to a couple of people as a result of "Goldmine" magazine, however, and wonder where they are today.

------------------
"Rainy day people always seem to know when it's time to call; Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen, till they've heard it all." - GL
JohnBellardJr is offline   Reply With Quote