View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #15
Sundown17

Default Re: New here, but not to Gordons music

Welcome JohninCt. I am a New Englander too, started in Mass now in NH and can be see with Jenney and our other Lighthead friends, Susan and John, at most NE concerts. I have been to Toronto twice to see Gord perform at Massey Hall, although not this most recent time.

Rick has told us the bus story too. He did say that the townspeople were very accommodating, helping out with the repairs and putting him and the family up in their homes.

I don't know where you are getting your ticket prices for Waterbury, but I was just at their site and they still have tickets left and the primo ones are $58.25...the least expensive, $40.25 which includes the tax and fees. But then again you said you can't make that one. So I would suggest that you check out Wayne's site at www.lightfoot.ca (there is a link at the home page here on corfid) and it gives the schedule and a link right to the theater to see which one you might be able to make.

While ticket prices for a Gord concert have gone up in price, as our Char Lady just said, with the exception of a very few venues, I've never seen them in the price range of the $100/$200 that you are quoting if you deal directly with the venue box office. Course gas prices is a whole 'nother subject. Blech.

Yes, it was an awful shock to hear about Barry. I have yet to go to a concert since his untimely passing. I am going to Waterbury and while I look forward to the concert, I am dreading that first reminder of his absence when I don't see him out in the audience, greeting fans and friends before the show.

Look forward to seeing you at some future concert.

Diane
Sundown17 is offline   Reply With Quote