View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 05:15 PM   #3
charlene

Default Re: HOT DOCS -LIGHTFOOT doc to premiere

HOT DOCS - TORONTO film festival... Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind
TIX ON SALE to public - MARCH 26-
WORLD PREMIERE night - april 27-saturday - Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind

One of Canada's most beloved musical icons - Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind. directors Joan Tosoni and Martha Kehoe to share stories about his unparalleled career, his inspired songwriting and his connection to Toronto, the city that loves him back.
About the film
From the song he refuses to perform to his admiration for Drake, a songwriting legend reflects on his lyrics and longevity with candour and humour. At 80 years young (and currently recording another album), Gordon Lightfoot continues to entertain and enlighten. Personal archive materials and studio sessions paint an intimate picture of an artist in his element, candidly revisiting his idealistic years in Yorkville's coffeehouses, up through stadium tours and the hedonistic '70s. Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash and Barbra Streisand are only a handful of the stars whose recordings of "Early Morning Rain" and other hits helped Lightfoot's artistry leap across borders, but no matter how far his music travelled, he continued to write passionately about the country he called home. As fellow music icon Burton Cummings sums it up, "Gordon's stuff screamed Canada." With his instantly recognizable voice and masterful guitar playing, Gordon Lightfoot remains influential and timeless. Alexander Rogalski
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote