View Single Post
Old 05-19-2000, 03:02 AM   #13
isabella

I saw Gord in the early seventies when he came to New Brunswick Canada and sang in a hard seater high school auditorium with Anne Murrray who was barefoot on stage but not pregant:}I lived out of town at the time so we loaded all our 8 tracks(God I am dating myself)into the car and sang every Gord song that we knew as we drove through the night.A quick stop at the Aquarius tavern to wet our whistles before the show and we anxiously took our seats.The best part of the show was when Gord would sing one of our personal favorites and without words, we would look at each other and smile contently with our eyes.We could have gleefully done without Annes input but hey, a girl's gotta work.He talked to the audience like we were all his friends(which we are) and did requests that we hollared from our seats.It was like having him in the livingroom as the venue only seated a few hundred people.That night we laughed, we cried and we travelled back to other places, other times , in our minds as Gord reminded us through his words just how fragile the human relationship can be and that sometimes being alone is just a stepping stone to evaluating your life and knowing you're alive.If he could survive, as he did,with all that life offered him, then we knew after the concert, no matter our state of mind or the circumstances that we were going through at the moment, that there was hope for us all.Hope is a great gift to give anyone.Thanks Gord.

'Give your heart and never count the cost
Lose your heart and never call it lost
May love be your shelter
To the ending of your days.
Love is all it is
And all it ever was' Garnet Rogers(Gord's
friend)

isabella is offline   Reply With Quote