View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 08:39 AM   #2
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

Last October, my house got smashed into by a 3/4 ton pickup doing 40 mph and both the pickup and the house were pretty much totaled, but amazingly, nobody got hurt. Anyway, I was staying with my brother for the winter, living in an efficiency apartment in the basement of his house. A few months later, my beloved 11 year old Doberman, Snoop, suddenly died of a heart attack. I had a hard time dealing with the loss. In my mind, I kept seeing him everywhere and it would glaringly hit me that he was gone. One night, shortly after I had turned in and drifted off to sleep, I had a very strange dream. In the dream, I could hear the water pump making a very loud whining noise. My brother came down the stairs, cussing and making quite a deal over the __ ___ water pump. I asked him if he needed any help and he said no, he just had to prime the pump. Then I saw Snoop get up off his pillow bed and growl (at this point he'd been dead for at least 3 months, but in the dream he was very alive). The next thing I knew, I heard growling and snarling, and something jumped across the bed, right across my shoulders, and pinned me down. My fist reaction was that it was my brother trying to scare the h*ll out of me. I think I may have been talking in my sleep, saying, "Cut it out. Get off me! This isn't funny, Aaron, get off!" I squirmed around far enough so I could see the silhouette of a head, just black shadows, as it was very dark in the room, the shape of the head looked like Aaron's, but the face was frightening! The skin had been charred like a burnt piece of meat, cracked with pink flesh sticking out, and the eyes were glowing red. At this point, I think I may have been suffering from sleep paralysis, because I couldn't move a muscle, and was attempting to scream for help, but could only get a light, airy whisper to come out. Finally, I slowly started to wake from my nightmare, but it took a couple minutes for me to get back to normal and be able to move again. It was almost like I had to thaw out. Incidently, my neck and shoulders were quite lame the next day. I think I must have put up a pretty good fight!
This dream definitely had a lot to do with Snoop's death, and also the club fire in Rhode Island, as I had been following it closely on the news. It was definitely the scariest, weirdest dream I've ever had, and I hope to never have one like it again.

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com

[This message has been edited by Cathy (edited September 27, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Cathy (edited September 27, 2003).]
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote