View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 06:30 PM   #1
horizonfound

Default New Video Coming: "Looking At The Rain" Intro/Finale

We're at the final editing stage of our new video. This has two parts . First, there is a recreation of Gordon Lightfoot's guitar Introduction to his fine ballad "Looking At The Rain"...it's buried somewhat in the Right Channel mix; but, it's a beautiful guitar part and greatly under-appreciated (like ALL of Gordon's fine finger-style work...). I'm happy with the way this turned out...

The second part, the "topper" here, is the 3-guitar finale for "Looking At The Rain." This is to satisfy the heartfelt request of Kenyon Wallace. Because of the high profile bass of Rick Haynes, and the heavy orchestration, I was hesitant to offer this up as a video thinking it would not sound LARGE enough or even give the impression of the experience of hearing the ending to that song on the LP. So, unlike the recreated opening to "Don Quixote," which mirrors the recording, this effort faced steep sonic limitations before I ever picked up a guitar. Having said that, I hope that what we're putting together will not be a disappointment and that it will find an audience. It was the best I could do with just the three guitars! Finally, I'm offering on-screen tab for all of the above (nothing slowed down...). We'll try to launch it tonight or tomorrow at the latest. So, stay tuned!
horizonfound is offline   Reply With Quote