View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 02:47 AM   #4
Janice

Hey you two! It's great to see your names showing up again. Long time, no see to both of you and I hope you're doing well.

My first GL concert was August 31, 2000 at Humphrey's in San Diego, Ca. I was completely numb by the time the concert was over. I'm not quite sure if that was due to total awe (which I definitely felt - the awe increased after being able to go backstage after the concert)or because I traveled from NH to California that day (I had been awake and on the go for over 24 hours by that point), or my nervousness at meeting a friend for the first time (he's turned out to be one of my best friends and one of many reasons why I moved out here last fall)or because Humphrey's is an outdoor venue right on the bay and I was freezing (I couldn't believe how much the temp dropped after sundown). Or it could have been a combination of any or all of those.

It was a magical experience that has never been duplicated at any of the concerts I've seen since - although they all have their fond highlights.

Janice
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote