View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 07:39 AM   #1
Paul J B

Hello Everybody!

Those who say Gords voice is thin is full of it!

I went to the show last night. I missed the first three songs because of a crash on the Ohio Turnpike had traffic backed up for hrs so my 2hr drive turned into 4hrs..Anyway, we arrived in the middle of Ghosts of Cape Horn, from there it just got better. Yes Gord doesn't have quite the powerful voice he once had but he sounded just as good if not better than 2001, and band was in great form ( Terry gave me the thumbs up twice!) as Gordon went from song to song, chatting in between, more so than at any show I've ever been to. The highlight was after The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald, Gord received a 2 minute standing ovation which brought a huge smile to his face..He even played Let It Ride, which I've never seen him play before, telling the story about the song beforehand.
The only problem during the show was the people who relentlessly yelled out songs, which at times appeared to piss Gord off, other than that the show was fantastic! If you have the chance to see him, go!

I hope he comes back to Ohio soon.

Chuck.

[ August 13, 2005, 07:45: Message edited by: Chuck Darling ]