View Single Post
Old 10-05-2003, 10:09 AM   #12
Auburn Annie

Okay, just this morning I had a Gord dream, first ever, and as dreams are, bizarre in its own peculiar way. He was in my home town, performing at a non-existent venue somewhere on the west-central side of town. It was a very small auditorium and I had a sense that it was not an actual concert but a trial run of some sort. Anyway, he sang one song in the best voice I’ve heard in 20 years, very short (a couple of verses) - and not a song that exists outside this dream. Wish I could remember any of it because it was lovely. He finished, a bit abruptly, and exchanged a look with the guys in the band, then announced he was sorry but he was going to have to cut this short, then left the stage.

Something about the look and the quick exit made me uneasy so I took off looking for him. Somehow I knew just where to look, elevator to the third floor, turn right, last door at the end of the hall. The door was slightly ajar. I stepped in and Gord was lying down on a small cot with a navy blue throw over him. It looked like he was sleeping so I quietly backed toward the door but he woke and motioned me to him. We exchanged some conversation along the lines of me being concerned and him dismissing it as him being just a little tired and needing to conserve his energy. Then he asked me if I knew Peggy and apparently I understood who he was talking about, a tall red-headed woman. I knew she was at some function at our local Holiday Inn, and he told me to go to her and ask if she still had tape left. Whether he meant audio or video tape, I don’t know but he seemed to want to tape something and there was a kind of urgency to the request so I assured him I’d find her and bring her back.

I walked to the HI and found her (along with a number of Lightheads). We rode back in her lime green VW - the steering wheel was on the right, and I was the passenger on the left, with all sorts of stuff piled high on my lap. As she parked the car and got her gear, I told her where he was staying and headed up to let him know Peggy was here. There was some young Asian woman literally throwing herself on him when I got there (named Yeung Li - don’t ask me why I remember THAT) who melted away when I arrived. I sat on the floor by the head of the cot where he was still resting and told him Peggy was on her way. Then the guys from the band drifted in and said “Hi, Annie” even though we’d never been introduced. Gord and I chatted for a few minutes, then he asked where Peggy had got to; he was right, she should have been right behind me. So I went downstairs to see what had become of her, only to find out she’d fallen ill and been taken to the hospital.

So everybody (Gord, the band, the other Lightheads who had followed us from the Holiday Inn) drove to the local ER. I checked with the night registration clerk to see who was on duty, and it was the ER director, Dr. C. (a good guy BTW). Somewhere en route, “Peggy” had become our Val. I went back to the treatment rooms to get more info while one of the Lightheads gave the clerk Val’s address and phone. Don’t remember what happened to her except that she needed surgery and I knew the surgeon on call. Gord went in to see her while I kibitzed at the nurses station. Then I woke up (sorry Peggy/Val - don’t know what happened.) This actually is a more logical dream than most of mine. I do wish I could remember what Gord and I talked about, though.

[This message has been edited by Auburn Annie (edited October 05, 2003).]
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote