Thread: Terry Clements
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2000, 11:14 PM   #1
CLEMENTine

I was reading the Red Shea thread and found myself getting really annoyed. Why do people have to put down Terry Clements in order to praise Red? I think the notion that Red was better guiarist then Terry, is complete and utter bullshit. Terry is the one who is underrated and under appreciated. For anyone who thinks that Gord's songs would be stronger if Red had done them instead of Terry, I suggest you listen to Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald...Terry's guitar in that is stunning and send's shivers down one's spine. He really added something to that song that I don't think anyone else would have been able to. Yes, he's understated in many songs, that's how Gord wants it, and it would be nice if he were allowed to cut lose, but that doesn't negate the fact that Terry is every bit as good of a guitarist as Red. Listen to his solos on Dream Street Rose and Shadows...brilliant. Quit putting him down to make a point about Red, yes Red was great, but show some respect to a wonderful guitarist who has loyaly stayed with Gord for almost three decades!