View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #36
jj

Default Re: the Lightfoot Childhood Homestead - PHOTOS

oh your welcome... that is so ironic...there was a dumpster there recently and i guess if i had a bit of nerve i could have grabbed many splinters of wood or planks or shingles that probably sat beneath Gord's upper bedroom window, where he smoked (i'm speculating) and played guitar as a teen... there seems to be so little fascination on that street about the history of the place, that it never even entered my mind...pulling over now and then for a shot and a GL song listen, always feel a bit intrusive actually...last time i pulled up there was a new wee Hyundai in the driveway... seemed out of character, lol

char could likely find the thread about the current owner getting approval for renovations even though there was some resistance from local die hards... there is really not very many artifacts in the local museum but talk of the piano that he first took lessons on, being donated there... how about that first guitar?

some friends and family folk got stuff at the auction they had in the 90s after his mom passed...that was a fairly good time to make hay...i can get you a corner piece of sod i suppose, as perhaps Gord went out and peed in the vicinity as a beer drinking teen, lol j/k
jj is offline   Reply With Quote