Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Here's something nice at You Tube (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=15249)

vlmagee 08-13-2006 05:34 PM

Jesse Joe 08-13-2006 05:53 PM

This is super Val, Thanks for sharing it...Jesse. :)

charlene 08-13-2006 05:53 PM

so cute!
I wonder if he knows that it's on the internet?
lol
great stuff....

geeze - I was doing laundry today too!
;)

talbot10 08-13-2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vlmagee:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wyfAnrQHnA
Thanks Val!
Taht was great !
Bill

byKimberly 08-13-2006 06:58 PM

Yes indeed. Meradith is quite something!
Kimberly

BILLW 08-13-2006 07:07 PM

That was great.

I'm sure you all noticed the Bob Dylan plug, straight from the horse's mouth.

Cute kids !!!!

Bill :)

LSH 08-13-2006 07:18 PM

rofl...the things parents do to humour their children. he's a good sport.

RM 08-13-2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by charlene:

I wonder if he knows that it's on the internet?
lol

That's a great question.

I can hear it now....."Meredith ! Get in here !"

It adds some poignancy to "Inspiration Lady".

RMD

johnfowles 08-13-2006 09:00 PM

Dang I missed it whatever "it" was now all that there is to see is
"This video has been removed by the user."
??????

[ August 13, 2006, 21:09: Message edited by: johnfowles ]

charlene 08-13-2006 10:38 PM

well I guess Daddy found out and POOF it's gone...
it was very cute tho...
Meredith and a friend interviewing the legendary Gordon Lightfoot...pretty good stuff....
you can see a still from the video at:
http://www.youtube.com/resultssearch...rdon+lightfoot

which was posted by 'poopslop" and this is what i found about 'poopslop'
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PoopSlop

and this video is at youtube now ath the above link and below:

[ August 13, 2006, 22:48: Message edited by: charlene ]

RM 08-14-2006 12:13 AM

Charlene,

Would you happen to know if 'poopslop' should actually be credited with the first release of "Canary Yellow Canoe" ? It seems there is conflicting info out there.....was it Lightfoot or 'poopslop' ?

RMD

BILLW 08-14-2006 04:19 AM

It sounded like the girls were explaining to Dad that this was on/going to be on/live, etc. on youtube. He acted like he understood what they were saying. It was really nice to see the interaction. One great line he had seemed ad-libbed "my Mom & Dad were in the iron and steel business - she ironed and he stole" Mer's friend and Gord cracked up, I guess Mer had heard it before. I say ad libbed because the girls had a sheet of questions they were reading from.

Bill :)

charlene 08-14-2006 06:00 AM

Bill - that Gord loves the corny old vaudeville jokes!
lol
Perhaps dad didn't understand the whole "YouTube" thing....just went with the enthusiasm of the girls and had fun with it. Then he saw it! Could have been mum that had it pulled..
The girls had their questions on paper but it looked like dad was on his own.
I thought it funny when Meredith yanked him over and told him to get in the picture..!
lol

RMD - I don't know about CYC..sorry..
;)

Jesse Joe 08-14-2006 06:18 AM

Right, and she told him to look into the camera, which he never did. I saw it at least 3 times.

Well this You Tube thing, can someone explain, the girls obviliously knew they were doing it, for You Tube. Why was it pulled off?

Gord or Elizabeth were the ones. So You Tube does belong to anyone with a video cam?...JJ. :)

[ August 14, 2006, 08:37: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]

Jesse Joe 08-14-2006 06:45 AM

Well John you missed a good one, sorry to say, Meredith Lightfoot, and her best friend, interviewing Daddy for you tube. It lasted a little over 4 minutes, He was playing the Ukelele.

When Meredith asked him about his biggest influence , he replied my mom and God. Then later musical influenced, I answered it before he did, Bob Dylan, Peter Paul and Mary.

The thing that I found the sweetest about the poet genius, is he was behaving as if it was a real interview. Shook both there hands at the end. And grab his Ukelele, started playing again .And the girls said to the camera, well be back for another one. Gordon Meredith Lightfoot , what a guy...JJ. :)

[ August 14, 2006, 08:38: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]

Auburn Annie 08-14-2006 08:18 AM

So sorry I missed this - dang! I do hope somebody preserved it elsewhere for posterity, even if it's just the family.

charlene 08-14-2006 09:53 AM

it wasn't posted by meredith...'poopslop' a 26 year old in California seems to have put it on YouTube...perhaps a cousin/friend?
It's gone now and I don't know any of the 10 or so who saw it that got it saved...I watched it 4 or 5 times and laffed everytime...
When Mer asked who his wife was had me laffing out loud at his reaction and then when Meredith and gord started calling for her with no answer and Gord said...she must be doing laundry....too funny...

Auburn Annie 08-14-2006 10:01 AM

I clicked on the full profile for poopslop and it reads

About Me
Name: mer
Videos Watched: 1,113

The listing of her age as 26 means nothing on YouTube or myspace or other communities. You can list age, name, location as anything you want. I have a 17 year old daughter and her profile is not much like her in reality; she has, thank goodness, the sense to NOT post real info.

charlene 08-14-2006 01:02 PM

aha - I saw that last night but thought it said 'me'...not 'mer' !
lol

GJA 08-14-2006 01:24 PM

Oh, I want to see it!!!

Borderstone 08-14-2006 10:05 PM

Neeeeeeaaat! :D

Cathy 08-15-2006 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by charlene:
aha - I saw that last night but thought it said 'me'...not 'mer' !
lol

Hmmm... I wonder if mer = Meredith, and she just made up a fake profile?

brink- 08-15-2006 10:56 PM

why is it wise to do that, JJ?

[ August 15, 2006, 23:19: Message edited by: brink- ]

DJ in MJ 08-16-2006 03:18 AM

Yes, there's some good videos on youtube, the GL stuff is a perfect example, but that's about the limit of its positive points. I pay absolutely no attention to the actual people or their profiles. Why bother? It may not be quite the Xanadu that myspace has become, but far too many people are just as phony and juvenile once you get past the video clips.

Auburn Annie 08-16-2006 06:22 AM

brink - in a word, predators. Kids way too easily give the whole world (i.e. anybody with internet access) complete information about themselves, often without either realizing they're doing it or not understanding how dangerous that can be. There was a Dateline (NBC) show last week where a cybercop demonstrated how in a matter of minutes he could zero in on a girl in Texas (chosen at random using myspace) and know all about her friends, what school she attends, how old she is, what her interests are and what she looks like. Perfect fodder for pedophiles, especially as they themselves masquerade as fellow teens looking for friends to chat with and "meet." They steep themselves in the language, know all the shows the kids watch, music and videos, latest clothes, etc. in order to blend right in and not sound like what they really are, 30-40 something males looking for sex with young teens and children. They are very good at what they do, unfortunately.