Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Member Question (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=21622)

4windstrvlr 06-18-2010 12:46 PM

New Member Question

I just spent the morning getting tickets to see Lightfoot in Wichita KS, Midwest City OK and Eureka Springs AR. Got really lucky and got wonderful seats for all three. I have been to his concerts in St. John's Newfoundland, Prince George BC, and Tulsa OK, and he did not sing "Song for a Winter's Night" - my absolute favorite. Does anyone know of a way to write to him to beg/plead with him to sing it at one of the three concerts?

Also, does anyone have information about possible tour dates for September? Nothing is showing up yet on his website.

Thanks for any information. I was happy to come across this site.

Auburn Annie 06-18-2010 03:06 PM

Re: New Member Question

For the first time in a long time SFAWN seems to be in the rotation. He performed it a few days ago in York PA on the 15th. So you might be in luck. He doesn't often do requests for specific songs because he has his guitars tuned, and the guys rehearsed, for particular songs he chooses from each night.

Hit the Search function above to find the mailing address of Early Morning Productions, his business address in Toronto.

jj 06-18-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4windstrvlr (Post 162869)
I have been to his concerts in St. John's Newfoundland, Prince George BC, and Tulsa OK, and he did not sing "Song for a Winter's Night" - my absolute favorite

when you saw him in BC he was hardly playing it (2006 nor 2007 after having played it about 30% of the time in his 2005 comeback year)

but you've been unlucky since...based on a decent set list sampling from www.lightfoot.ca he played it:

30% of the time in 2008
70% of the time in 2009

this year he played it the second night in St John's...I suppose you were there the first!

congrats on the great seats and I would say the odds are now in your favour:) it's maybe his most wonderful tune and should be played at every performance, imo...with that said, i always thought it could use a bridge

btw, i think it's tasty that he lets the keyboard mimic the 'oooos' now during the closing section

charlene 06-18-2010 08:04 PM

He might sing it at mariposa in July...he said it was a G chord tune - one of several G chord tunes he will do -- possibly eliminating I'll Tag Along.
:(
He will be performing at Mariposa with Rick and Terry only.

timetraveler 06-19-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4windstrvlr (Post 162869)
I just spent the morning getting tickets to see Lightfoot in Wichita KS, Midwest City OK and Eureka Springs AR. Got really lucky and got wonderful seats for all three. I have been to his concerts in St. John's Newfoundland, Prince George BC, and Tulsa OK, and he did not sing "Song for a Winter's Night" - my absolute favorite. Does anyone know of a way to write to him to beg/plead with him to sing it at one of the three concerts?

Also, does anyone have information about possible tour dates for September? Nothing is showing up yet on his website.

Thanks for any information. I was happy to come across this site.

That was interesting to hear that he is apparently going to be in Eureka Springs, as according to the entertainment section of the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, he's also slated to be in Hot Springs in August. Either way, I won't be able to make it because of weather. Which is a real bummer for me. :(

4windstrvlr 06-19-2010 10:30 PM

timetraveler, he is scheduled to be in Eureka Springs 8/22 and Hot Springs 8/23.

Thanks, everyone for your responses. Mariposa is too far to go this summer - we are going up to Wyoming, Idaho and Montana for a few months but will come home for the concerts around here, then head back again. I'm hoping he might schedule some concert dates in the Western U.S. for September.

Thanks for pointing me to the address for Early Morning Productions. I am going to write a letter asking for "Song For A Winter's Night" in one of the three concerts - maybe I'll get lucky. Even if he doesn't sing it, just getting to see him in concert three times in a week willl be awesome!:biggrin:

dhartman 06-24-2010 11:46 PM

I will be in OKC also. Section ctr1 row s. The verdict is still out on Wichita but would really like to go. Arkansas is also being considered but not sure . Really excited , would love to make at least two shows. I got my picture with Gord and all the band at Tulsa last year after the show waiting out back. Even got to visit a little . Enjoy. Dale

charlene 06-24-2010 11:56 PM

He did it on April 4,8,10,11,13 and 14 and again on June 21.
The setlists (those that are available) are at: http://www.lightfoot.ca/2010.htm