Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   CBS Sunday Morning? (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=27033)

KHester 10-13-2013 07:11 PM

CBS Sunday Morning?

Earlier this fall, it was stated that the CBS Sunday Morning show was sending a crew up to do a piece on Lightfoot for their show. does anyone know what happened?

charlene 10-13-2013 07:43 PM

Re: CBS Sunday Morning?

I e-mailed CBS about a month ago but never heard back...I'll try again..

charlene 10-13-2013 07:45 PM

but until then you can watch the always lovely Bobby Orr profile piece.. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3445_162...-of-bobby-orr/

Islandgirl1 10-14-2013 07:01 PM

I've been DVRing every CBS Sunday Morning Show since. So far, no Gord piece. I also scroll forward to the next Sunday on the TV program guide to see if GL is mentioned but there is never a description of the show's content other than "News, features, weather and commentary." I'll try emailing CBS too.

Rob1956 10-14-2013 07:33 PM

Well, November 17 is a Sunday........

jj 10-15-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlene (Post 182934)
but until then you can watch the always lovely Bobby Orr profile piece.. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3445_162...-of-bobby-orr/

i was up by Parry Sounds on the weekend, and what a terrible accident for 2 boys, and a mom ...and a driver likely still in shock.. i don't the "at fault" details

ok, if this CBS thing is filed in the same "never to be seen" place as the DVD HD filming at the second last Massey, well, I'll be asking EMP for a free ticket to 2014 ...i got a ticket right for great viewing of Carter solos...and for every solo, a steadycam guy would come over in front of Carter and have his butt right in line with my face ...i never saw one Carter lick, but wasn't living, because I knew I'd be viewing HD footage or all of them sometime soon...and i would be able to turn them up as loud as I also wanted :) :)

the jury's still out ...but if it doesn't happen, I'm sure Gord wont miss the $85:clap:

Borderstone 10-22-2013 08:39 PM

The man is turning 75 and is still touring. How coul CBS "not" do a segment?

Sunday morning is okay but i think "60 Minutes" shoujld do it instead.

I don't want to get up that early on Sunday.

niffer 12-05-2013 10:36 AM

According to Gordon's Twitter feed, he will be featured on CBS Sunday Morning this Sunday, Dec.8.

I will have my DVR set, and hopefully it will work better than it did for the Jimmy Fallon show.

jj 12-05-2013 03:10 PM

cool scoop. Niff:) i guess it is targeted to USA masses so may be nothing new other than more Gord and his mannerisms...worth the price of admission:)

T.G. 12-06-2013 12:38 AM

As I don't have television anymore, hoping someone can "YouTube" the thing after it's aired.

Gail 12-06-2013 02:47 PM

TG, here is link to Sunday Morning's web page, upon which they also post aired pieces. Hopefully they will post the segment on Gordon as well.
http://www.cbsnews.com/sunday-morning/

paskatefan 12-07-2013 08:32 AM

^ from one Gail to another Gail, thank you!

charlene 12-07-2013 11:05 AM

Hi acting partner in Harry Tracy is also being profiled on Dec.8 according to the website!

BILLW 12-07-2013 12:56 PM

DVR set for Sunday morning. Bring it on!

Bill :)

Bill 12-07-2013 09:39 PM

Hope it gets posted online. As bad luck would have it, my tv but the dust this afternoon!

Bill 12-07-2013 09:40 PM

Bit...however, the situation is kinda butt :-).

Bill 12-07-2013 10:05 PM

Nelson Mandela legacy will dominate the show...I bet the segment gets bumped.

charlene 12-07-2013 11:40 PM

Krista at the Orillia Opera House got a call this aft from Ed Forgotson of CBS reminding her about the show and make sure to watch. The website has this: (hopefully they'll still fit the piece in)
http://www.cbsnews.com/sunday-morning/

charlene 12-07-2013 11:43 PM

She just told me that the piece will air...

Auburn Annie 12-08-2013 10:42 AM

And it just did, at the 9:30 mark or thereabouts. Nice piece if a little disconcerting hearing the singing voice then and now. Asked how long he could continue performing, he answered "until I stop" lol.

Melissa 12-08-2013 11:13 AM

The segment was terrific. They covered a lot of territory in a very short time. Gord looked great. I was glad they showed concert footage from recent shows - I hate it when they just show old footage. People need to hear the Gord of "now," not just the Gord of "then."
Hey, what a great idea for a song......

Melissa

ellen 12-08-2013 11:17 AM

It was a wonderful segment - loved seeing the old photos. The only criticism is it was way too short!

charlene 12-08-2013 11:27 AM

it was terrific to see the old/new footage like Melissa said. Now folks will know what to expect when they go see him! Not enuf of Orillia/Opera House nor any mention of the band or his long time appearances at Massey Hall...Loved that the interviewer is from Orillia and knew when Gordy had left town back in the day..lolol

jj 12-08-2013 11:41 AM

DID YOU SEE THAT RIDICULOUS COMMERCIAL?

they did lip synch of 1970s Gord vocal with current day Gord in concert!!!!

i dont know if EMP even knows or would endorse that fraudulent promotion

Gord looked good in close ups on the clip - better than medium shots - odd:)

that BLUE halo/hair concert footage of Gord was the best they could do? LOL

OK, so does Gord hang his own living room frames or what that a pro hired designer, LOLOL ... it's nice that he pays such homage to the Wreck ...but that layout broke every rule ... it's not the barren house that i previously imagined or saw in prior footage, that's nice to know:)

some new Gord photos... even as a toddler, those well pitched ears are profound:)

I'm glad they showed Gordon singing present day in the actual show, well done

also glad they didn't dwell on the death stuff... fairly well done CBS and Gord:clap:

jj 12-08-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa (Post 183522)
They covered a lot of territory in a very short time

Melissa

hi MJ:)

hey, what was the rush though? 90 minutes show... didnt they spend longer on showing how we depend on our dumb high tech toys? sheesh

hey, when is this gonna be uploaded so we can access it from our cellphones?

LOL