Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nickname for Lightfoot Fans (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=18028)

KHester 01-24-2008 10:07 PM

Nickname for Lightfoot Fans

Hi,
While driving the other day. I had some ideas as to what Lightfoot fans could call themselves. After all I think the "Head" idea has been used enough.

Came up with a few possibilities.

Lightfoot loonies (In reference to "Ringneck Loon"
Sundowners
Rainy Dayers
Fitzers

The Gordonaires (my favorite)

Take a shot
Kevin

Jesse Joe 01-24-2008 11:10 PM

Re: Nickname for Lightfoot Fans

Lighthead is fine for me but Sundowners sounds OK too. :)

charlene 01-24-2008 11:37 PM

Lightheads seems to be what most of us call ourselves..back about 8 years ago a bunch of us called ourselves Lightfoot Loonies-partly for Ringneck Loon, the Canadian Loonie coin and then last cuz we're loony for Lightfoot!

Dream Street Rose 01-24-2008 11:45 PM

I feel the same as Jesse Joe. My dad called me a Lighthead over 30 years ago. I do like the name Sundowners, but I will always be a Lighthead. :biggrin:

DSR

joveski 01-25-2008 02:26 AM

auctioneers?

Jesse Joe 01-25-2008 09:23 AM

Early Morning Rainheads ! :biggrin: :)

charlene 01-25-2008 09:34 AM

Here's a news story about fans of Lightfoot: "Lightheads" and those of the internet variety - "Net People" -

http://www.torontosun.com/News/Colum...8/1343394.html

Jesse Joe 01-25-2008 09:45 AM

That was a great article Char ! I saw this before. And you did just awesome, (saying all the right things) in that Toronto Sun article dated 2005 ... :) Another great reason for keeping the name "LIGHTHEADS." ;)

jj 01-25-2008 11:05 AM

glad that article is archived nicely, char:)

Lighthead label still makes me think of Deadheads/Parotheads, I'd go to the other extreme:

there's only one Gord (Lightfoot) but there's so many followers (Lightfeet), maybe that's us

but seriously, if i were ever making a zaney GL fan website I'd go with wildstrawberries.com

Rainbow Trout 01-25-2008 12:08 PM

Great article Char, I enjoyed reading it. As for the name, Sundowners has too much of a connection with an aging disease for me! I just stick with a very loyal fan.

Kerstin 01-25-2008 03:21 PM

Great article Char! Thanks for charing. I kind of like the name Lightheads,too. It's different. The name Sundowners is a make of horse trailers,too, so I guess it's taken.

Patti 01-25-2008 05:10 PM

Light like air or like a lightbulb? I had a couple pieces of that air head candy today. A half a piece of green (apple)and a half a piece of blue (raspberry), and my tongue turned like really dark.
:cool:

Borderstone 01-25-2008 07:33 PM

How about "The Buscuit City Bunch" ??!! LOL!! :biggrin:

zoneranger 01-25-2008 10:45 PM

How 'bout two names? One for the women...that would be "All the Lovely Ladies" and one for the men, that would be "The Boss Men":)
Seriously, hows does this sound....http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...ranger/SD2.jpg

Patti 01-25-2008 10:57 PM

That sound looks real nice.

Kathy Number Four 01-25-2008 10:58 PM

Blackberry Winos?... (just kidding :biggrin: )

Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' 01-25-2008 10:59 PM

I used to think it was me that invented the term 'corfidian', but I know for a fact that the term corfiddler is original.

Then again, it's possible to be a Lightfoot fan but not a corfid poster. As far as I know, Lighthead works for me.

Patti 01-26-2008 12:39 AM

Yeah, Blackberry Winos. (Kidding too) Strobe-lightheads?

Blackberry John 01-26-2008 12:53 AM

Hey!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy Number Four (Post 133688)
Blackberry Winos?... (just kidding :biggrin: )

Kathy Number Four 01-26-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackberry John (Post 133694)
Hey!!

Didn't mean to imply that you're a wino, John {LOL} :biggrin: !

Here's another: Gord's "Shadows"... "Lightfeet" as JJ suggested is cute, but I think I like "Lightheads" best! :)

podunklander 01-26-2008 04:47 PM

I like Jesse Joe's "Early Morning Rainheads" ROFL

Sundowners is a good one to. But then I though of the "Sundowner" -an abandoned motel in Nevada located in the outskirts of the 'living' ghosttown, Tonopah. At the time I had seen it, I thought with the amazing view and all, how charming a place it would be if it were to be renovated and turned into a "rest home".

Now I'm thinking it would be an ideal retirement community for us Lightheads in our later years!

podunklander 01-26-2008 05:06 PM

Oh GADZ I just noticed Patti's additions here too...how FUNNY!

Don't think I've actually ever drank Blackberry Wine but me and "Miss Piggy" used to drink Blackberry brandy. I can still picture her behind the wheel of her folks Suburban..that bottle in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

halocat 01-26-2008 05:08 PM

I tend to think, if it ain't broke...don't fix it. "Lightheads" will always be my favorite. That being said, I can't resist but to offer up my own silly nickname. How about the "Canadian Railroad Trilobites"???? Pretty catchy, eh? (Oops....I'm not Canadian. Don't think I have proper authorization to use "eh"....sorry!)

Jesse Joe 01-26-2008 07:52 PM

It's all for fun, but I like "Biscuit City Bunch" lol and "Summertime Dreamers" :biggrin: :)

gwen snyder 01-26-2008 07:58 PM

Ha- ha-ha these are pretty good.
You guys are funny.
Zoneranger where'd you get your alphabet for "Dreamers"? Doing calligraphy I always look for close to arial with alterations and that is nice. I like the Dreamers concept.
Kind of the way we get Gords music... dreamy. Good stuff, you guys.
Blackberry winos was too harsh!!! And yeah, I recall that blackberry brandy, that used to be some good stuff, now, I am allergic to it. Darn.
And sundowners is a medical term, too, isn't it Auburn Annie? I thoughy it was...
You guys are funny.