Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   Small Talk (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Borderstone Takes A Bride ?! (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=28675)

Borderstone 04-05-2018 10:57 PM

Borderstone Takes A Bride ?!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, Walter / Borderstone here.

Well the title pretty much gives it away but it's a YES. :)
I've been a busy Borderstone .......I'm finally a married man.

Last Saturday afternoon on March 31st, I and my lady love
of nearly 4 years, tied the knot at about 2:45 - 3pm Arizona time.

I haven't mentioned my relationship much on here but we met in 2014 , when she approached me and gave me note, when both of us were volunteering at St. Mary's Food Bank here in Phoenix. Yep, she approached me. ;) rare thing for me.

We had our 1st date on 6/7/2014 (also a Saturday.) Had a spaghetti dinner at her place and watched some TV. Show called Too Cute on Animal Planet. We had some more dates and realized we had 'the mutuals' and/or 'happy hearts' for each other :D. We officially became a couple and some ups & downs like most folks.

I proposed on one knee very early last month and it was a yes. We got a wedding planner and people on both our sides did their part. Where did we say I DO? The very place we had our first date. A small wedding party but people we wanted there the most.

After the reception, my brother and his lady drove us to a nice little town
outside of Phoenix.....and up to our honeymoon resort spot. Paid for as a wedding gift.

I had 6 days away from work (finally!) She also was off. We returned this past Monday.

Her name is Lauren and she's the greatest. She thinks I am too.

So, at age 49, 9 months and 18 days.....my single life and lonely times officially
came to an end. She's 35 and 5 months. Her single life is done as well and we're together .

We've been sharing a place for a year and 3 months now, but now we share it and everything as husband and wife. *sigh* . Until next time it's been the 'B' (or the W and his L (Lauren or his Lady Love reading over his shoulder. LOL!! (And kissing him..hee hee.)

In the picture in the link is the main wedding party and myself and Lauren .
Bye for now. ;>)

charlene 04-06-2018 09:58 AM

Re: Borderstone Takes A Bride ?!

Congratulations to both you and Lauren! May you have many years of love, laughter, good health and wonderful music together!

formerlylavender 04-06-2018 11:43 AM

Congratulations!! Best wishes to you both...

paskatefan 04-07-2018 05:28 AM

Congrats to both of you!

Gail

lighthead2toe 04-07-2018 09:35 AM

Very beautiful story Borderstone. May you and Lauren have a life of fulfillment and happiness together.

Borderstone 04-07-2018 07:45 PM

Hey , thank you guys (and gals) :) .

Today is our 1 week wedding anniversary and we're having a very nice afternoon at home

Now here's Lauren with a message for you . ;)

=====================================

I want to thank my Wally's online friends for the well wishes. He's a sweet,wonderful,handsome and a very cuddly man. Who I'm going to embarrass by letting you know, he's my sweet Wallabear and I'm his Blossom Bunny! Ha ha ha ha! Have a nice day everybody.

BILLW 04-09-2018 09:32 PM

Congratulations B - I predict a happy married life. Wonderful news.

Bill :)

TheWatchman 04-09-2018 09:55 PM

Congrats! You two look truly happy. :)

BILLW 04-09-2018 10:05 PM

Well Borderstone aka Walter to get all these ancient corfid members to respond to a posting you must be a wonderful guy.
I haven't seen all these folks in one thread for many a year.

Congratulations again

Bill :)

Don Quixote 04-10-2018 09:08 AM

Nice going, B! Sounds like you did it right--friendship and mutuality first, then a deeper relationship. Wishing you both 1000 years of happiness!
DQ